Friday, December 28, 2007

jaywalker


jaywalker
Originally uploaded by Hanna, Sweden
This is my jaywalker after one evenings knitting. the colors are much brighter in real life than what they are in this photo.

I am now knitting the heel and I am not doing as the pattern says. If that is because I don't understand the pattern or if that is because my gauge is off, I have no idea.

It says: Row 1: *sl1, k1; repeat from *.
Row 2: sl1, p37 (41).
Repeat the last 2 rows 15 (17) more times.

I read it that knitting the last 2 rows fifteen times means I will get 30 rows. If I do that I will get a way too long heel flap, so I stopped at 18 rows instead.

2 comments:

Kristin / Krisse said...

Varför skriver du på engelska?
Det blev ju jobbigt :P
Kram

Anonymous said...

What makes you think 30 rows is too long for the heel flap? I have knitted Jaywalkers and because you are slipping half the stitches 30 rows will not be as long as you think. Trust the pattern (unless you have child size feet.)